2023 Art Show Policies
1. Entries will be accepted in the following eight categories only:
Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastel, Colored pencil and Drawing, Mixed Media, Sculpture, and Photography.
2. All entries must be original and be completed by the artist entering the show. Works produced in a workshop are not considered to be original.
The maximum framed size accepted is 36″ X 48″.
3. Sculpture is a work of art in three dimensions with the main function to exist as an artwork.
Each sculpture entry must specify what the sculpture is made of.
4. All multi-media entries must specify what mediums have been used in the artwork.
5. Photography – There will be one category for photography. This includes analog, digital and computer enhanced.
6. All entries must be no older than four years and no larger than 36″ X 48″.
7. Entries must not have been previously shown at the La Cloche Art Show.
8. All entries must be for sale.
9. Transport of the art piece to and from the show is the responsibility of the artist.
10. All artwork must be wire hung and ready for hanging or it will not be accepted. Exhibition quality framing or stretched canvas is required with the price, name and title on the back.
11. The $30 entry fee covers the entrant’s maximum of three entries.
If you pre-register the entry fee is only $25.
(Any NSF cheque owners will be contacted. If payment cannot be made, art work will be edited from show)
12. A commission of thirty percent (30%) of the selling price will be deducted from all artwork sold.
13. You may pre-register by June 3rd or
register with art work on June 9th and 10th.
14. Art work and biographies will be accepted at the Whitefish Falls Community Centre on June 9th and 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
15. All entries will be insured upon receipt June 9th 2023 until July 10th, 2023. It is imperative that all unsold art be picked up no later than July 10th.
16. THIS IS A JURIED SHOW AND WORKS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER JUNE 10th, 2023.
17. All entries passed by the jury are eligible for awards.
18. Works not passed by the jury will not be hung and may be picked up during the show.
19. All accepted entries MUST remain hanging until 5:30 p.m. the final day of the show, July 8th 2023.
20. Awards will be presented at the Opening Ceremonies on June 30th at 7:00 p.m. in Whitefish Falls.
21. All unsold art may be picked up between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday July 8th or between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 9th, 2023.
Cheques for sold art may be picked up at the same time.
22. All artists entering the La Cloche Art Show agree to all Art Show Policies.